By Jill Fox
From graduation to birthday parades, practically everything is taking on a drive-thru format.
On November 1, the Parkland Farmers’ Market joins the growing list of events taking place from the comfort of your car.
To promote a safe environment for everyone, residents will be able to purchase a variety of items from local vendors from the safety of their vehicles.
“I am so excited that we’re able to bring back the Farmers’ Market for another season,” said Mayor Christine Hunschofsky, “With a drive-thru, we will all be able to enjoy the popular community event safely.”
So, just how will it work?
The “farm-to-trunk” format is simple. Cars will be directed through a one-way path starting on Ranch Road. As customers enter, they will find each vendor. Anyone interested in purchasing items can simply pull into a designated vendor parking spot, and someone will assist him or her.
In adherence to county mandated COVID-19 safety guidelines, face masks will be required, and patrons must remain in their vehicles at all times. No walk-ins, bikers, or golf-carts will be allowed at the Farmers’ Market.
The Parkland Farmers’ Market is located at 8350 Ranch Road. Hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., starting November 1.
For more information, call 954-757-4107 or email [email protected]
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 11 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.02.26Annual Parkland Buddy Sports Golf Classic Returns May 14
- Events2021.02.26Preparations Underway For Annual ‘Egg My Lawn’ Event Honoring Gina Montalto
- News2021.02.26This Weekend: Parkland Dads Join Their Children On Stage in ‘Matilda’
- News2021.02.25Marjory Stoneman Douglas Senior Providing Tourniquets For Middle School Classrooms