By Jill Fox
The Broward Sheriff’s Office Parkland District is going on air, and Captain Chris Mulligan is adding podcaster to his list of duties.
He’ll be leading their new “On the Beat” podcast to reinforce community partnerships with residents by talking with them about quality-of-life issues and providing information to help keep the community safe.
“We’ll be setting up a call-in to take questions from residents,” Captain Mulligan said.
But for now, listeners can send in questions for the podcast, which will take place monthly, starting the week of August 24, and will have some form of an educational component in every episode.
Captain Mulligan plans to reach out to homeowners associations, city officials, and others to come on the show, which will last no more than 15 minutes.
The first episode will cover the goals and vision of “On the Beat,” along with information about BSO’s vacation watch program.
“It’s a really good program we have that most people don’t know we offer,” said Mulligan, “If you’re going away and want to have peace of mind.”
Residents fill out a form and email it in. Then deputies will check on their home twice daily while they are gone.
Mulligan said people often call in to thank BSO, saying they saw them on their ring cameras and really appreciated it.
Send your news to Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.09.253 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Create Masks with a Meaning
- News2020.09.25BSO Units Arrest 4 Suspects after Parkland Car Burglary
- News2020.09.25Parkland Farmers’ Market Returns November 1 with ‘Drive Thru’ Format
- Politics2020.09.24Parkland Commission Votes to Lower Millage Rate For 2021