By Kevin Deutsch
A dump truck drove into a canal in Parkland Monday, killing the driver, authorities said.
According to rescue officials, the incident happened shortly before 11 a.m. off Loxahatchee Road, where the truck went into the water for unknown reasons.
“We know that a truck went into the water, and there is one driver unaccounted for,” Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department Deputy Chief Mike Moser said around 12:30 p.m. “We moved from rescue to recovery mode. [Broward Sheriff’s Office] is now handling the recovery efforts.”
The driver was later pulled dead from the water.
Additional information, including the name of the deceased, was not immediately available.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 award-winning news source, Parkland Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.09.20Parkland Observes ‘Banned Books Week’ Amid State Crackdown on Reading Materials
- News2022.09.19Parkland Crime Update: Indecent Exposure at Store
- News2022.09.19Parkland Couple Arrested For Stealing From Husband’s Business Partner
- News2022.09.18Broward Schools Seek Applicants Amid Nationwide Worker Shortage