By: Sharon Aron Baron
Westglades Middle School Athletics are offering Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students scholarships, and applications are now being accepted.
Through the support of Coral Springs Middle School Athletics and Pepperoni Grill, they raised $2,000 last year to provide two MSD student-athletes a $1,000 scholarship each.
This year, they hope to reach that dollar amount again and provide scholarships to former Middle School Athletic Association (MSAA) student-athletes who are MSD student-athletes now heading to college.
1. Must have been a student-athlete for one sport at any time while attending MSD.
2. Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
3. Must have competed in the Middle School Athletic Association in one sport in middle school. (Broward County Public Schools like WMS/CSMS).
4. Complete a five-paragraph essay explaining how competing in sports has positively influenced your life.
To obtain the required application, contact Westglades Middle School Athletic Director P.J. Battaglia at Paul.Battaglia@BrowardSchools.com. The application must be returned to him by Friday, April 24, 2020, with the required essay.
The scholarship will be presented to the winners at the Westglades Sixth Annual Athletic Banquet on Thursday, May 14, 2020, at Westglades Middle School in Parkland.
Winners will be notified by Monday, May 4, 2020.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2020.01.20Parkland Retirement Senior Center Opens New Dog Park for Residents
- News2020.01.16TICKET ALERT: Comedy Fundraiser in Support of Orange Ribbons for Jaime
- Events2020.01.164th Annual Wiffle Blast Family Fun Event Held January 18 in Parkland
- Events2020.01.16Congregation Kol Tikvah Will ‘Howl Through The Decades’ at Annual Fundraiser