By Jill Fox
Incoming middle school students can get a sneak peek at their new stomping grounds before classes begin thanks to an event to help take away some of the nerves associated with starting at a new school.
Students attending Westglades Middle School’s “Camp Wolf Pack” will have the opportunity to take a tour, and participate in activities to get them acquainted with the campus.
All new students in any grade level are invited to experience this fun and exciting opportunity to get to know teachers and meet new friends.
The introduction to Westglades will take place on Tuesday, August 6, from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and includes lunch, spirit gear, and more for a cost of $25.
Additionally, a meeting for parents with the principal and assistant principal will be held from 9 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. in the auditorium to review important security and transition to middle school information.
Register for Camp Wolf Pack by July 31 at Westgladesmiddle. Westglades Middle serves both Coral Springs and Parkland students and is located at 11000 Holmberg Rd.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.09.174 Parkland Schools Make the Grade for Community Engagement in Education
- Events2020.09.15Parkland Synagogues Prepare for A Virtual New Year
- News2020.09.15Pap Corps Raises Almost $30,000 for Cancer Research
- News2020.09.15Parkland Talk Interviews Robert Brannen and Bob Mayersohn: Candidates for City Commissioner District 4