By Jill Fox
Before students heading back to school, students can meet their school resource officers at Parkland Night Out.
Held on Monday, August 5, parents and children can meet SROs, members of Parkland’s Broward Sheriff’s Office, and learn about programs and activities offered at the Parkland Recreation and Enrichment Center.
As part of the nation-wide event called National Night Out, this one, presented by BSO and the Coral Springs Parkland Fire Department, will include emergency vehicle displays, music, food and more.
Mayor Hunschofsky said the city received lots of positive feedback from residents about last year’s event.
“They appreciated having the opportunity to speak with their SROs, ask them questions about the work they do and get to know them better,” said Hunschofsky.
Captain Chris Mulligan said the event is a great chance for Parkland residents and deputies to connect on a personal level and create relationships which will strengthen the safety and security of our community.
Parkland Night Out will take place on August 5 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., at Pine Trails Park, located at 10555 Trails End.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She is currently a Senior Account Director at Lon Haber & Co. Fox worked at NBC Miami for eight years after graduating from the University of Miami. She lives in Parkland with her husband, Brian and two children.
- News2019.12.11Parkland Crime Update: Latest Incidents Through December 9
- News2019.12.11Marjory Stoneman Douglas Alumnus Waiting and Hoping for a Kidney Transplant
- Events2019.12.11Parkland Pokers Hold Spring Baseball Tryouts
- Events2019.12.09Parkland holds Second Annual ‘Light up the Park’ December 13