By Jill Fox
Before students heading back to school, students can meet their school resource officers at Parkland Night Out.
Held on Monday, August 5, parents and children can meet SROs, members of Parkland’s Broward Sheriff’s Office, and learn about programs and activities offered at the Parkland Recreation and Enrichment Center.
As part of the nation-wide event called National Night Out, this one, presented by BSO and the Coral Springs Parkland Fire Department, will include emergency vehicle displays, music, food and more.
Mayor Hunschofsky said the city received lots of positive feedback from residents about last year’s event.
“They appreciated having the opportunity to speak with their SROs, ask them questions about the work they do and get to know them better,” said Hunschofsky.
Captain Chris Mulligan said the event is a great chance for Parkland residents and deputies to connect on a personal level and create relationships which will strengthen the safety and security of our community.
Parkland Night Out will take place on August 5 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., at Pine Trails Park, located at 10555 Trails End.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.10.28Halloween Vandals Apologize to Parkland Victims
- News2020.10.27Parkland City Commission Fed Up with Drainage Issues in the Wedge
- News2020.10.27Parkland Teen Wins $10,000 in National STEM Competition
- Covid-192020.10.23Mortgage Relief Now Available for Parkland Residents Affected by COVID-19