By Sharon Aron Baron
After her husband was arrested on child pornography charges, Parkland resident Michele Mizrachy spoke out, denying knowing anything about her husband’s “secrets,” and immediately filed for divorce when she did.
Michele, a middle school guidance counselor used her 18-year-old son’s Facebook page to post her message.
“In recent days, my world came crashing down,” she wrote. “I’m shocked, blindsided, and sickened by the charges. After discovering that my former spouse harbored secrets and an online life about which I knew nothing, I immediately filed for divorce, ending a marriage of 23 years. I am continuing to learn disturbing details at the same time as everyone else through media reports.”
She added that her husband’s access to the community was revoked and thanked everyone who had reached out to express support for her and her children. Their divorce was filed on November 3, 2020.
The popular pediatrician, Dr. Michael Mizrachy, 49, posted a $30,000 bond on January 13 for two counts of possession of sexual performance by a child and one count of using a computer to solicit, lure or seduce a child to commit an illegal act.
Michele said she always had a mission of supporting teachers during her career in the school system and felt educators deserved recognition for their hard work, especially when their jobs changed so much due to the pandemic.
Now Michele’s focus is on her children.
In her statement, she mentioned how they were reading the news stories, seeing people’s comments, and trying to cope in the best way possible.
“They don’t deserve this,” she wrote.
Michele called the emotionally wrenching situation both a devastating blow and a living nightmare and closed by thanking the community for respecting the family’s privacy.
“My children and I are forever grateful for your love and kindness.”
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.05.14Parkland Resident Reports $220,000 Stolen in Home Burglary This Week in Crime
- News2021.05.12Parkland Parents Weigh in on COVID-19 Vaccinations for Kids
- News2021.05.09Slots Still Open at Relay For Life ‘Swing Fore A Cure’ Golf Tournament on May 22
- News2021.05.07Suspects Burglarize 7 Vehicles in This Week’s Crime Update in Parkland