By Sharon Aron Baron
A Parkland resident charged with burglary and battery after entering his community’s guardhouse and striking a security officer threatened Parkland Talk with the removal of the article — or face legal repercussions.
“You wrote an article and blasted it on your Parkland paper with all incorrect fax [sic]. It was about me and the incident that occurred a couple [of] weeks ago with the security guard home threatened me and my family and refused to let us into our community that we had percent [sic] of our license and verbally called me names….Either this information is removed for my own privacy, or I will be pressing charges.”
On January 4, at 1:19 a.m., Joaquin PE Fagundo, 46, of Cascata, had a verbal altercation with the guard employed with Marksman Security Corporation, the provider of security services for the community Fagundo lives in.
Bill Fyfe, director of security for Marksman, said the resident either didn’t have a bar code sticker for access or was inside another vehicle and went through the guest entry gate at 840 Lago Way.
According to the surveillance video, the victim had the ID card for verification; however, Fagundo believed the guard was taking too long. Fagundo and his wife, Ester Barsali, entered the guardhouse to obtain the ID card after cursing and berating the victim.
After returning the ID card to Fagundo’s wife, the victim asked them to leave. When the guardhouse door closed behind Fagundo, Fagundo reentered the guardhouse, striking the guard with an open palm on the back of his head. This caused the guard’s head to hit the glass door, leaving a bruise on the right side of his forehead.
Medical attention was denied, and the guard continued his shift. There was no evidence in the video that the guard threatened the resident or called them names, as Fagundo alleges.
Fagundo was arrested at 3000 Coral Hills Drive in Coral Springs and taken to the Broward County Main Jail. On January 6, he posted a $1,000 bond. Since then, he has retained counsel and pled not guilty.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsFebruary 27, 2024Parkland Farmers’ Market Returns with Classic Car Show
- NewsFebruary 26, 2024Construction Underway on 150-Acre Preserve Honoring Marjory Stoneman Douglas Massacre Victims
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Educator Named Finalist for Career and Technical Education Teacher
- NewsFebruary 20, 2024Lead the Fight at the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life