By Sharon Aron Baron
Florida high school graduates have access to some of the state’s most affordable and high-quality universities.
The University of Florida, Florida State University, and the University of South Florida dominate the top slots in exceptional academic quality with economic accessibility, according to a study by research.com.
Research.com evaluated over 1,700 academic entities nationwide based on tuition, boarding, books, and other expenses; their analysis sought to identify these institutions. The University of Florida stood out first, with an annual expenditure averaging $20,045.
Tuition is an average of $8,285, while room and board charges are $10,950, and the cost of books and supplies, at $810, is the lowest of all entries in the top five.
Given the critical nature of university costs in decision-making for students and families, such studies become instrumental, said Dr. Pawel Dabrowski of Research.com.
“We’re seeing increasing numbers of students drowning in debt post-graduation. This makes it paramount for prospective students to evaluate not only tuition but the entire gamut of expenses before making a choice,” he said.
Echoing this sentiment, the data revealed by Research.com shows a mean graduation rate of 86% among these top-ranking universities, with 73% of students securing their bachelor’s in four years. Furthermore, the mean Transfer Out ratio is strikingly low at 9%.
Other institutions making a mark include New Mexico State University, Purdue University, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, University of Utah, North Carolina State University at Raleigh, University of Georgia, and Missouri University of Science and Technology.
Dabrowski further notes, “Affordability doesn’t necessarily correlate with a compromise on quality or increased competition. Several colleges like the University of Utah and the Missouri University of Science and Technology exhibit acceptance rates exceeding 80%.”
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsNovember 28, 2023Parkland’s Farmers’ Market Includes Craft Fair on Sunday
- NewsNovember 26, 2023Holiday Bingo Event Support’s Baseball’s Team’s 2024 Trip to Cooperstown
- NewsNovember 22, 2023SOS Children’s Villages Florida’s ‘The White Ball’ Gala Raises Record $750K for Foster Care Children
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Heron Heights PTO Hosts Annual Holiday Boutique