By: Matt Rothman
It was an extraordinary evening on Wednesday as members from the Marjory Stoneman Douglas, Coral Glades, Coral Springs High School, and Coral Springs Charter girls soccer team had a chance to display their skills in the BCAA Stars and Stripes Senior All-Star Game.
The Stars team, who won 5-2, was coached by Coral Glades Head Coach Richard Denny. He had Valereria Gaviria on his team and three girls from the Marjory Stoneman Douglas team in Chloe Rogers, Mia Engelbart, and Vicky Alvarez.
“It was a great experience,” said Coach Denny. “It was also a testament to the buy-in and belief of everyone involved in our program over the past four years. We still have a lot to do, but this was a nice milestone for myself and the program.”
The two players from Coral Springs High School were Sidney Brunson and Samantha Kinggard as they were up against Bailey Sweiginnis and Ireland Thigpen from Coral Springs Charter. Despite falling in the game, Sweginnis was awarded the MVP along with Naomi Bejarno from Monarch High School, who scored four goals.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.04.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Track and Field Finish 2nd, Girls 4th at Meet
- News2021.04.07Sullivan Scores Hat Trick in Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Lacrosse Win
- News2021.04.03Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins 17th Game This Season
- News2021.04.012 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Lacrosse Players Score 6 Goals in Win