By: Matt Rothman
This was the second straight game that went into a shootout as after neither team broke through in regulation and overtime, Skylar Lund, Emily Burke, Sam Novik, and Chloe Rogers all scored in the shootout.
Goaltender Carly Brodsky made two saves in the shootout and stopped a penalty kick in regulation for the team’s ninth win of the season and fifth so far in the playoffs.
“I am really proud of the girls,” said Head Coach Laura Rountree. “They worked really hard against a very strong team, and it could have gone either way. We were fortunate to come out on top.”
Up next, MSD will play in the State Finals’ opening round on Friday, February 26, against Cypress Bay High School at 6 p.m. They are currently ranked second in the nation and come in with a 7-0 record.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.09.22Shayne Gostisbehere Prepares for 8th NHL Season
- News2021.09.18MSD Mid-Season Boys and Girls Bowling Recaps
- News2021.09.17Marjory Stoneman Douglas and Coral Glades Compete in Swim Meet With Cypress Bay
- News2021.09.16Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wide Receiver Hervin Louis Selected to All-Star Game