By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Doulas cross country team was in action on Wednesday in Miami at Tropical Park, highlighted by the girls placing sixth overall and advancing to States.
“It’s hard to put in words how proud I am of the entire team but specifically how proud I am of the girls dedication and execution all season long,” Head Coach Mike Mauro said. ” It was a total team effort today and one we hope to carry into next week and next season.”
Ella Schwartz finished In 18th place with the top time for MSD at 31:23.51. Caroline Schwartz Olympia Koumoutsakis and Sparta Koumoutsakis were next to finish for the Eagles, followed by Carline Schwartz, Esther Bang, Mikayla Ryan, and Morgan Melchiorri, while Sofia Schorer-Kaplan will also compete in states on November 17 at Apalahchee Regional Park.
The boys team finished in 16th place, led by Coby Alhadeff, along with Matthew Rosenberg, Caleb Walker, Kyle Pan, Joseph Cardinale, Matthew Nason, and Miguel Martinez.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Face Coral Glades; Girls Basketball Begins Season
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Soccer Records 1st Win With Offensive Explosion
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Parkland Pokers 12U Baseball Team Set to Host Tryouts on Tuesday
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Opens Regular Season With Win