By Claire Cornish
Typically this feature is called “Dog of the Week,” but when it comes to beautiful Miss Scarlett, it is definitely a case of “Dog of a Lifetime.”
This easy-going girl is everybody’s favorite, yet she has spent her life bouncing from place to place, never finding anyone who would give her the love and commitment she so desperately craves and deserves.
When Miss Scarlett arrived at the shelter, she became a staff and volunteer favorite. She was also chosen as a temporary foster pup by a few families who wanted to foster a friendly, no-issues dog for a month.
Being popular is great, but Miss Scarlett became tired of always being taken home by people who always intended to take her back to the shelter again after a while.
However lovely and kind and well-meaning they were, Miss Scarlett knew that they weren’t “her people,” and each time, her confidence would get a little more dented.
During the summer, she was selected for a training program called Pawsitive Directions, which pairs approved Department of Corrections inmates with rescue dogs in need. They have even trained dogs for those affected by the Marjory Stoneman Douglas school shooting.
The inmate becomes the dog’s handler, and both learn how to trust in each other. Now Miss Scarlett is graduating training with a plethora of commands and talents under her belt and has almost all of the credits she needs for her Canine Good Citizen Certificate.
All she needs now is a home. She is laid-back and low-energy, happy to play and run around but equally happy to sit on the couch, take a nap or go for a drive with you. She is house-trained and commands trained and would fit seamlessly into your life as if she had always been there.
If you are interested in adopting this extra special girl, please contact Lucy firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Claire Cornish is a freelance writer, half marathon runner, and volunteer at Broward County Animal Care & Adoption. She is the proud mom of Callie the Labrador and a proud sister of Simon the Labrador mix.
- News2021.09.19Lucas is an Eager to Please, Obedient Lab Mix Looking for a Forever Family
- News2021.09.07Dog Training Graduate Wants to Show You How Well-Behaved She is
- News2021.08.23Overlooked at the Shelter This Gentle, Calm Dog is Waiting for a Family
- News2021.07.059-Week-Old Puppy Needs Nurturing Forever Home