By Claire Cornish
Ace is more handsome than the average dog, and let’s be honest — he knows it.
Surprisingly, though, he remains humble and down to earth, enjoying the company of his canine friends, thriving in an active environment, and blessed with the ability to listen well and immediately respond to whatever his human is asking of him.
Ace loves to communicate with his person and will stare deeply into your eyes as if he is trying to read your mind or see into your soul.
He is a friendly three-year-old who loves to accompany you everywhere. The circumstances that led him to arrive at the shelter as a stray are not known, but once at the shelter, he had a run of bad luck with potential adopters that seem to have temporarily dented his confidence.
Adopted quickly in his first week, he was returned the same day when the adopter realized he was bigger than his picture suggested.
He brushed this off quite quickly, but when he was returned because the incumbent dog in his next adopter’s home tried to attack him, it was clear that Ace needed the helping hand of a rescue to attract somebody who would understand that a forever home means just that – forever.
Ace was a volunteer favorite at the Lunch Buddy program, and he loves car rides, adventures, and playing with dogs and people. He has been a popular guest in doggy daycare and has lots of friends. If you would like to meet Ace, please contact his rescue, Popo Pitbulls, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment for a meet and greet.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Claire Cornish is a freelance writer, half marathon runner, and volunteer at Broward County Animal Care & Adoption. She is the proud mom of Callie the Labrador and a proud sister of Simon the Labrador mix.
- News2021.09.19Lucas is an Eager to Please, Obedient Lab Mix Looking for a Forever Family
- News2021.09.07Dog Training Graduate Wants to Show You How Well-Behaved She is
- News2021.08.23Overlooked at the Shelter This Gentle, Calm Dog is Waiting for a Family
- News2021.07.059-Week-Old Puppy Needs Nurturing Forever Home