By: Matt Rothman
Addison Walker of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas girl’s volleyball team has officially committed to playing in the Big East at Seton Hall University.
“Playing D1 volleyball on a full scholarship has been my goal for years,” Walker said. “The recruiting process was a little overwhelming, but my parents helped me with it, and all the college coaches I talked to were so nice. I’m so excited and looking forward to playing high-level volleyball in the Big East Conference.”
Walker started playing intramural volleyball in 3rd grade and began on varsity in sixth grade. For Club, she played at Tribe and Boomer’s and trained with the USA Volleyball National Team Development Program several times. She starts her junior year at MSD after most recently playing at St. Thomas Aquinas.
When looking for the right school, Walker wanted to be at a smaller school, big into sports, where her professors would know her.
“When I had my official visit to Seton Hall, I loved everything about it,” Walker added. “I loved the campus and how close it was to NYC. I really loved the coaches and players. I got to watch practice, and it was very intense and competitive. I knew it was the perfect fit for me.”
Walker is not just a star on the court, as she has a 4.0 GPA and is a part of the National Honor Society. She also loved to go to the gym, and beach, be on a boat, and also work at Playa Bowls. Her main focus before attending Seton Hall is to improve her overall game.
“I’m an outside hitter, so I play all around the court,” Walker said. “I want to improve my hitting, blocking, and passing technique. My goal is to be an impact player as a freshman in college, so I don’t mind putting in the extra work now to get stronger and quicker.”
Walker will begin her first season with the Eagles on August 22 in their match against Chamida Madonna High School. MSD went 10-4 a season ago, while Seton Hall went 15-15 in 2023.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Shows Resilience Despite Setback: Gears Up for the Anticipated Pig Bowl Showdown
- NewsSeptember 22, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Swim Records Wins Over Monarch and Northeast
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Volleyball Moves to 10-1 With Senior Night Win
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Soccer Star Gianna Rizzo of Marjory Stoneman Douglas Announces College Pick