By Ryan Yousefi
Parkland Buddy Sports, a community-focused organization committed to promoting inclusivity and kindness, is searching for enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to join their team as volunteer coaches and “Buddies.”
The program aims to empower children and young adults with special needs through sports and social interaction and is now accepting volunteer registrations for the upcoming season.
Parkland Buddy Sports is seeking volunteer coaches across various sports, including; flag football, soccer, basketball, running, tennis/pickleball, kickball, golf, and dance.
This initiative benefits the participants and allows volunteers to develop new skills, expand their social circles, and positively impact the community.
While many of the Buddy volunteers are high school students, the program welcomes participants from elementary and middle schools and adults. Volunteer registration is now open and can be completed by completing the program’s registration form here.
The program is scheduled to begin on August 26 and will run through the middle of May. The sports sessions are typically held on either Saturdays or Sundays, depending on the sport.
For more information about Parkland Buddy Sports, including the sports schedules and how to get involved, visit their official website.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Register Now for the 3rd Annual ‘Make Our Schools Safe’ Golf Classic
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Broward County School Board Chair Lori Alhadeff Invites Community to Educational Resource Event
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Parkland Buddy Sports Launches 12th Annual 8-Week Running Buddies Program
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Parkland’s Parents Night Out Includes Halloween Bounce Party for Kids October 6