By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys basketball team had four different players finish in double figures in their 66-47 win over Pompano Beach High School Tuesday night.
Joshua Ruiz led the team with 13 points, but it was Daniel Haviv that impressed his coach with his play. He finished with 12 points and continued to go about it the right way.
“He’s just Johnny on the spot. Always does something good out there for us,” said Head Coach Teddy Lyons. “Whether it’s rebounding, communicating on defense, making the right passes, he just does everything we ask, and you appreciate that as a coach.”
Bradley Golub finished with 11 points, and Sean Sucarichi had ten points, despite the team’s slow start to the game.
MSD took a 14-point lead into halftime, but Pompano Beach fit the deficit to as many as five in the second half. However, the Eagles scored 22 points in the fourth quarter for the 66-47 win.
Up next, MSD will have one of their toughest games this season going up against Pembroke Pines Charter School on Thursday, January 23, at 7:30 p.m. They currently have won 14 of 15 games this season and are one of the top teams in the state.
Following that, the Eagles will have their final home game of the season in Parkland on February 4 before they close the season out at North Broward Prep the following night.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsMarch 1, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins Another BCAA Championship
- NewsFebruary 29, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Season Ends in State Semifinals
- NewsFebruary 28, 20245 Parkland Travel Soccer Teams Win Championship
- NewsFebruary 25, 20242 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wrestlers Advance to State Championship