By: Sharon Aron Baron
Time to throw out old documents and prescription drugs because the Broward Sheriff’s Office will be holding a Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet event in Parkland.
Held on Saturday, August 19, the Shred-A-Thon provides residents with a safe way to dispose of their personal documents, check stubs, credit card offers, receipts, as well as and any other paperwork that contains sensitive information. This service is free of charge and there is a limit of five boxes per person. Just drive up in your car and your items will be safely destroyed. Documents destroyed in BSO’s Shred-A-Thon events are shredded by SafeGuard Document Destruction.
Residents that turn in unused prescription medication are eligible to receive $5 provided by the Sheriff’s Foundation of Broward County. This is while supplies last and limited to one per family.
Hopefully, Sheriff Scott Israel will be making an appearance as well. Also, residents from Coral Springs are welcome as well.
Saturday, August 19, 2017
10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
BSO Parkland 6650 N. University Drive Parkland FL
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2019.07.10Humane Society Searching for Volunteers to Help the Animals in Their Care
- News2019.07.06Broward County Public Schools Official 2019/2020 Calendar
- News2019.06.28Florida League of Cities Recognizes Parkland Mayor as ‘Home Rule Hero’
- News2019.06.27Broward Commissioner Earns Advanced County Commissioner Designation