By: Sharon Aron Baron
Time to throw out old documents and prescription drugs because the Broward Sheriff’s Office will be holding a Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet event in Parkland.
Held on Saturday, August 19, the Shred-A-Thon provides residents with a safe way to dispose of their personal documents, check stubs, credit card offers, receipts, as well as and any other paperwork that contains sensitive information. This service is free of charge and there is a limit of five boxes per person. Just drive up in your car and your items will be safely destroyed. Documents destroyed in BSO’s Shred-A-Thon events are shredded by SafeGuard Document Destruction.
Residents that turn in unused prescription medication are eligible to receive $5 provided by the Sheriff’s Foundation of Broward County. This is while supplies last and limited to one per family.
Hopefully, Sheriff Scott Israel will be making an appearance as well. Also, residents from Coral Springs are welcome as well.
Saturday, August 19, 2017
10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
BSO Parkland 6650 N. University Drive Parkland FL
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.07.19Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment Holds Car Wash Fundraiser
- News2021.07.13North Springs Improvement District Drinking Water Undergoing Routine Chlorination July 15
- News2021.07.12Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31
- News2021.07.03Hazardous Waste Drop-off Held in Parkland on July 10