By Ryan Yousefi
A routine traffic stop in Parkland led to the arrest of a woman wanted in California for kidnapping.
On October 12, a Broward County Sheriff’s Office deputy conducting a routine patrol officer observed a white Toyota with a defective passenger-side headlight. Upon initiating a traffic stop on the vehicle at the intersection of West Hillsboro Boulevard and Parkside Drive, the officer contacted the driver, later identified as Jasmine Farah, 27, of Minneapolis, Minnesota. From there, the situation took an unexpected turn.
According to the report, dispatchers notified the deputy that the license plate associated with Farah’s vehicle was wanted in connection with a kidnapping and missing person case in Santa Clara, California.
Records show the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) and Florida Crime Information Center (FCIC) databases indicated an active warrant for kidnapping issued by the Santa Clara Sheriff’s Office in California included a complete extradition order and a bail amount of $100,000, indicating the severity of the crime.
Further investigation revealed that Farah and her daughter, whose identity has been redacted due to her age, were also listed as missing persons under the Santa Clara Sheriff’s Office.
Upon taking Farah into custody, law enforcement contacted a custodial parent, who was notified the child had been found safe.
Farah was arrested and transported to the Broward County Main Jail.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Snow on the Forecast: Annual Snowfest Heads to Parkland on December 14
- NewsNovember 27, 20236th Annual Make Our Schools Safe Tennis Fundraiser Takes Place on December 8
- NewsNovember 26, 2023Parkland Chamber of Commerce Hosts Holiday Party Toy Drive on December 11
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Parkland Man Arrested for Dangerous Street Takeover and Assault on Police Officer in Miami-Dade