By Jill Fox
Grab your poles and stock up on bait for the City of Parkland’s annual Youth Fishing Derby.
Held on select summer days at the Pine Trails Park fishing pier, this event is open to children ages 3 to 12 with a parent.
Participants are responsible for bringing all necessary supplies: fishing pole, line, bait, and hooks on Saturday, July 10, and Saturday, August 14, from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Check-in will start at 7:45 a.m., followed by the sounding of a horn to start the derby.
Everyone who participates will receive recognition. First and second-place prizes will be awarded for the first catch of the day, the biggest catch, and the smallest fish caught.
“All catches are safely returned back to the water after the weigh-in,” said Commissioner Ken Cutler, who has attended every one.
The Pine Trails fishing pier is located in Pine Trails Park at 10555 Trails End in Parkland.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.07.30Meet Local School Resource Officers at ‘Parkland Night Out’ Event
- News2021.07.29Register For Inspiring Professional Women’s Alliance Luncheon Featuring State Rep. Hunschofsky
- News2021.07.28Parkland Little League Holds Free Pitch, Hit and Run Competition
- News2021.07.28Parkland Awarded $1.5 Million Grant For Future 36-Acre Park