By Jill Fox
It’s no secret that the traffic on University Drive has been impacted by the construction of new homes and the recent addition of Somerset Parkland Academy.
To reduce congestion at the intersection of University Drive and Old Club Road, a roundabout will be constructed to replace the existing three-way stop.
Similar to others in the City of Parkland, the center of the roundabout, adjacent to the entrance of Parkland Golf and Country Club will be landscaped and have features, like a fountain or trellis.
Two conceptual designs were created for the proposed roundabout features and the city would like residents to share which one they prefer. Residents can view the designs and provide additional feedback here.
A virtual community outreach meeting will take place on Wednesday, July 22, at 6:00 p.m. via Zoom. The Meeting ID is 881 2960 9584. To join by phone, call (301) 715-8592 or (253) 215-8782 and enter the same Meeting ID when prompted.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Celebrate Hanukkah with Mah Jongg, Latkes, and Vodka for a Good Cause
- NewsNovember 13, 2023Annual Pink Challah Bake and Mah Jongg Night to Benefit Jewish Women’s Health
- NewsJanuary 21, 2023Early Childhood Center Celebrates 20 Years in Parkland
- NewsJanuary 20, 2023Parkland Wiffle Ball Tournament Raises Money for Pediatric Cancer