By Jill Fox
It’s no secret that the traffic on University Drive has been impacted by the construction of new homes and the recent addition of Somerset Parkland Academy.
To reduce congestion at the intersection of University Drive and Old Club Road, a roundabout will be constructed to replace the existing three-way stop.
Similar to others in the City of Parkland, the center of the roundabout, adjacent to the entrance of Parkland Golf and Country Club will be landscaped and have features, like a fountain or trellis.
Two conceptual designs were created for the proposed roundabout features and the city would like residents to share which one they prefer. Residents can view the designs and provide additional feedback here.
A virtual community outreach meeting will take place on Wednesday, July 22, at 6:00 p.m. via Zoom. The Meeting ID is 881 2960 9584. To join by phone, call (301) 715-8592 or (253) 215-8782 and enter the same Meeting ID when prompted.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 11 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.02.25Marjory Stoneman Douglas Senior Providing Tourniquets For Middle School Classrooms
- News2021.02.24Parkland Soccer U13 Division Taken By Storm
- News2021.02.23Light Bulb May Have Caused Fire in Parkland Home Tuesday
- News2021.02.22Chris Hixon Memorial Run Raises $40,000 For Student-Athlete Scholarships