By Jill Fox
It’s no secret that the traffic on University Drive has been impacted by the construction of new homes and the recent addition of Somerset Parkland Academy.
To reduce congestion at the intersection of University Drive and Old Club Road, a roundabout will be constructed to replace the existing three-way stop.
Similar to others in the City of Parkland, the center of the roundabout, adjacent to the entrance of Parkland Golf and Country Club will be landscaped and have features, like a fountain or trellis.
Two conceptual designs were created for the proposed roundabout features and the city would like residents to share which one they prefer. Residents can view the designs and provide additional feedback here.
A virtual community outreach meeting will take place on Wednesday, July 22, at 6:00 p.m. via Zoom. The Meeting ID is 881 2960 9584. To join by phone, call (301) 715-8592 or (253) 215-8782 and enter the same Meeting ID when prompted.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 6.
- News2020.07.31Dough’nt Miss The Opening of Crumbl — Coming Soon
- News2020.07.28$5 Bracelet Raffle Helps the Gina Rose Montalto Memorial Foundation
- News2020.07.27Parkland Chamber Presents Q & A with Local Principals Aug 5
- News2020.07.27After Liver Failure, Marjory Stoneman Douglas Teacher Struggles to Make Ends Meet