By: Chris Brunner
In order to gain community feedback on the topic of school safety related to Broward County Public Schools, the City of Parkland is embarking on an intentional and planned two-step process.
Broward County Public Schools, will be facilitating the voices of the Parkland community being heard. The information collected during this data-driven process will be provided to Broward County Public Schools.
Held on Monday, May 14, 2018 from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. the public is invited and they will have the option to record a video message up to three minutes in length outlining their suggestions on the topic of school safety related to Broward County Public Schools located in the City of Parkland or complete a digital survey on the same topic. For those unable to attend the May 14, 2018 Town Hall Experience in person, the digital survey may be completed online, from Friday, May 11, 2018 through Tuesday, May 15, 2018. Click Here.
Focus groups will be open to Parkland and Coral Springs residents only. To participate in a focus group residents must participate in one of the three Town Hall Experience options (digital survey remotely, video message in person, or digital survey in person) and “opt in” at that time. Focus group participants will be selected at random from the list of respondents who “opt in.”
Once both steps are completed an independent consultant will compile the feedback, analyze the data, and provide the findings to the Superintendent of Broward County Public Schools and the City of Parkland. The consultant’s presentation will be made public.
The Town Hall will be held at the P-REC at Pine Trails Park located at 10559 Trails End, Parkland.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since 2015 and begin in high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college as well as working at Parkland Talk.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.16$250,000 Matching Gift for the Humane Society of Broward County
- Crime & Safety2019.10.20National Teen Driver Safety Week Held on October 20-26
- Events2019.09.29Grudges Settled During Coastal Championship Wrestling Event in Coral Springs