By: Sharon Aron Baron
Rapper XXXTentacion of Parkland was pronounced dead after he was shot and killed by two armed suspects in Deerfield Beach.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, Jahseh Onfroy, 20, who goes under the name XXXTentacion lives in the community of Watercrest in Parkland. He was leaving RIVA Motorsports in Deerfield Beach shortly before 4 p.m. on Monday when he was approached by two armed suspects.
At least one of the suspects fired a gun striking Onfroy. Both of the suspects fled in a dark-color SUV. Investigators say it appears to be a possible robbery. Onfroy was transported to Broward Health North where he was pronounced dead.
Anyone with information is urged to contact BSO homicide detectives Walt Foster or John Curcio at (954) 321-4210 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at (954) 493-TIPS.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.01.213 Men Arrested for Loitering, Prowling, This Week in Parkland Crime
- News2021.01.21State COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Scheduling System Now Up in Broward County
- News2021.01.21Polsky and Grieco Refile Legislation to Ban Conversion Therapy on Minors
- News2021.01.20Babies at Northwest Women’s Center Ready to Rumble During Playoffs