Tribute for the students of Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school by Bonnie Nichols and Mike Morgan.
By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Grammy nominated singer-songwriter has written a tribute song for the Parkland and Coral Springs victims of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.
Bonnie Nichols, from Soldotna, Alaska writes songs for children, adults, and social and environmental causes. She was inspired after waking up in the middle of the night while on a trip into the interior of Alaska in early March and felt she needed to write something about the Parkland shooting. She recalls her own experience with a shooter after an an employee killed a worker.
“I was the public relations spokesperson at Central Peninsula Hospital in 2008 when one of our employees shot and killed an employee, critically injuring another and turned the gun on himself ending his life. It was a devastating incident that had severe repercussions on most of our employees,” she said.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2022.01.17New Site for Monoclonal Antibody Treatments Opening at Markham Park
- News2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’ in Boca Raton
- News2022.01.16Pets of the Week: Sheba and Bucky Are Ready to Meet a New Family
- News2022.01.14Marjory Stoneman Douglas Goes on Lockdown After Individual Runs Onto Campus