By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas football had its head coach and star running back selected for the Miami-Dade vs. Broward All-Star Game.
Held at Miramar Ansin Sports Complex, the game features Quentin Short and Clayton Cannon Jr. Short coaching the offensive line for Broward after leading the Eagles to the Regional Semifinals this year. MSD went 7-4 in the regular season and defeated Santaluces High School in the postseason for the team’s first win since 2007.
“It’s a great experience to be able to work with different coaches from Broward and awesome to be able to coach these very talented young men, said Short. “Really enjoyed practice so far this week.”
This past season, Cannon had a record-setting season for MSD, setting the single-season rushing record for the Eagles. He passed Orville Reynolds for the record after rushing for 1,594 yards and 15 touchdowns. He also added 119 receiving yards.
Kickoff for this game will be on Friday, Dec. 23, at 7:30 p.m.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.06.07IT’S OFFICIAL! Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins 3rd Straight National Championship
- News2023.06.0714 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Athletes Selected to BCAA All-Star Games
- News2023.06.06Parkland Pokers Launches New 12U Baseball Team
- News2023.06.05Good Luck Charm: Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Honors Team Manager