By Sharon Aron Baron
A community commemoration honoring the 17 victims lost at Marjory Stoneman Douglas will be held on Valentine’s Day, where the City of Parkland is observing it as a Day of Love and Remembrance.
Held at the amphitheater at Pine Trails Park, the event includes a commemoration ceremony conducted by area spiritual leaders, followed by a video.
Support services, therapy dogs, and display boards where the community can write messages will be available.
COVID protocols will be in place, and properly worn facemasks are required.
In case of traffic congestion at Pine Trails Park and the immediate area. Attendees are encouraged to carpool and allow plenty of extra time.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsOctober 1, 2023State Rep Hunschofsky Discusses Breast Cancer Awareness, Mental Health Support
- NewsSeptember 28, 2023Revamp Your Children’s Fall Wardrobes: Sustainable Fashion Event Offers 90% Off
- NewsSeptember 28, 2023Vandalism Escalates to Dangerous Levels at Parkland Residence
- NewsSeptember 26, 2023Representative Christine Hunschofsky Hosts Town Hall in Parkland