By Ryan Yousefi
A talented up-and-coming young Parkland musician continues to shine, recently taking part in the All-State auditions in Tampa.
Then, we highlighted the fact that Jared had already achieved multiple honors, including being Principal Violist in the School Orchestra, representing Westglades Middle School as the All-State Middle School Honors Orchestra student, Broward All-County Honor Orchestra Silver Orchestra Principal Violist, and achieving a Superior Rating in Solo & Ensemble by the Florida Orchestra Association.
After auditioning in October, Jared received the good news that he had been accepted into the prestigious All-State Middle School Orchestra, an ensemble of Florida’s finest young musicians, with thousands auditioning and only a select few earning a spot on the team.
Since then, we have had an exciting update on Jared’s musical journey, including some recent successes that pin him as one of the top young musicians in the entire state.
Alberto Zilberstein, Westglades Middle School’s Orchestra Conductor, recently shared with Parkland Talk that this past week, Jared took part in the All-State auditions, showcasing his talents amongst the best in his age class.
The All-State Orchestra, which performed on January 14 at the Tampa Convention Center, included students from various schools, private institutions, and Schools of the Arts.
According to Zilberstein, Jared’s inclusion in this elite group speaks volumes about his talent and dedication, but his success at the event further exemplifies his talent.
“Thousands of students audition for this orchestra, and only around 70 are accepted in the All-State Middle School Orchestra,” Zilberstein said.
Jared’s family, particularly his mother, Cristina Lipson, is equally proud of his accomplishments. She expressed her joy, telling Parkland Talk she’s incredibly proud of her son and how hard he’s worked, “Jared was honored to be part of it as he practiced all Summer long to fine-tune his pieces and saw his hard work paid off.”
Looking forward, Zilberstein says Jared’s musical journey is far from over, with some accolades and recognition on deck next month when he’ll be honored locally,
“Jared will be recognized on February 21 by the Parkland City Commission,” Zilberstein shared, indicating Jared’s unwavering commitment to his art.
As Jared readies for his High School career, Zilberstein says he has a message for future students aspiring to join the Westglades Orchestra program.
“Our program provides a safe environment where everybody is welcomed, and prior musical knowledge is not required,” adding, “We have beginner, intermediate, and advanced orchestras, and offer enriching opportunities like concerts, festivals, and the STARS performance at Universal Studios Orlando,”
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsFebruary 25, 2024Westglades Speech and Debate Team Take Home 28 Awards at Mast 6 Tournament
- NewsFebruary 23, 2024MSD Students Dance for a Cause at Annual Charity Marathon Benefiting the Children’s Miracle Network
- NewsFebruary 4, 2024Deadline Approaching: Parkland Announces Scholarships for 2024 Seniors
- NewsFebruary 4, 2024Registration Now Open for the Parkland Buddy Sports Pickleball Invitational