By Sharon Aron Baron
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes and other incidents that occurred in Parkland through August 17.
8800 block of Edgewater Pl – MiraLago
On August 11, a female advised of a domestic disturbance between herself and her live-in boyfriend. Female alleged physical altercation while male subject stated it was only verbal. No actual evidence to support female’s allegation and she is known from past contact to request to use law enforcement to try and remove her boyfriend from her home during arguments
6650 University Dr – BSO District Offices
On August 12, a disabled .22 handgun was turned in for destruction
15000 Loxahatchee Rd
On August 12, a vehicle located an abandoned 53-foot trailer on the roadside. Confirmed it was a stolen vehicle reported in Boynton Beach and subsequently towed from the scene by Emerald’s Towing.
7600 block of NW 70th Way – Cypress Cay East
On August 13, female advised a black male subject showed up at her home, knocking on her door, asking for her by name, in reference to a car belonging to her daughter, once driven by him. There were subsequent threats. She did not speak with the subject, who left the area prior to BSO arrival.
More crime and safety on Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.01.213 Men Arrested for Loitering, Prowling, This Week in Parkland Crime
- News2021.01.21State COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Scheduling System Now Up in Broward County
- News2021.01.21Polsky and Grieco Refile Legislation to Ban Conversion Therapy on Minors
- News2021.01.20Babies at Northwest Women’s Center Ready to Rumble During Playoffs