By Jill Fox
At 7:45 p.m. on Tuesday, a fire was reported on Cattail Run in the Parkland community of MiraLago.
“I’ve never been so grateful in my life,” wrote the homeowner, who wishes to remain anonymous.
She said she was putting her two young sons to bed when it happened. Then shared her pictures on social media as a warning to her neighbors.
“My keen sense of smell and the phenomenal response of the first responders prevented the fire that was about to start in my sons’ bedroom,” she wrote.
She said she has tall floor lamps, with what appears to be incandescent bulbs in her photo, next to each of their beds.
“Boys will be boys, and one of them shot a basket, throwing a pair of shorts on the lightbulb out of sight – a regular 3-way bulb.”
The homeowner said the fire department told her only to use LED bulbs because they do not get as hot.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.06.13Mah Jongg Players Meet For 2 Summer Gatherings At Family Bagels
- News2021.06.09Friendship Journey Scholarships Awarded In Memory of Jaime Guttenberg And Gina Montalto
- News2021.06.08Parkland Mourns Respected Father, Husband and Coach, Drew Evan Wiener
- News2021.06.08Any Fin Is Possible At Parkland’s Summer Youth Fishing Derby