By Jill Fox
At 7:45 p.m. on Tuesday, a fire was reported on Cattail Run in the Parkland community of MiraLago.
“I’ve never been so grateful in my life,” wrote the homeowner, who wishes to remain anonymous.
She said she was putting her two young sons to bed when it happened. Then shared her pictures on social media as a warning to her neighbors.
“My keen sense of smell and the phenomenal response of the first responders prevented the fire that was about to start in my sons’ bedroom,” she wrote.
She said she has tall floor lamps, with what appears to be incandescent bulbs in her photo, next to each of their beds.
“Boys will be boys, and one of them shot a basket, throwing a pair of shorts on the lightbulb out of sight – a regular 3-way bulb.”
The homeowner said the fire department told her only to use LED bulbs because they do not get as hot.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 11 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.04.09Linda Beigel Schulman on President Biden’s Executive Actions: ‘I Looked Up And Said To Scott, We Did It!’
- News2021.04.07Parkland Resident Among Six Charged In $21 Million Stock Scheme
- News2021.04.07Local Drop-off for Mitzvah Day Items in Parkland
- News2021.04.06Let’s Have A Round of ‘Appaws’: Woof Gang Bakery Is Coming To Parkland