By Jill Fox
A winter wonderland is coming to Parkland, and it won’t cost a dime.
Hosted by the Law Offices of Zimmerman and Frachtman, a Parkland law firm, the 7th Annual Light up the Night is a free event complete with synchronized music and holiday lighting spectacular.
Open to the public, Light up the Night will feature light bites and refreshments from over 30 of the area’s restaurants. Plus, live music, a DJ, silent auction, and a movie under the stars, complete with free popcorn and snow cones.
Guests can wander through a festive holiday village made up of 50 vendors, with games, crafts, jewelry, and other booths loaded with holiday cheer. And partygoers can also enjoy some snow and even a visit from Santa Claus.
New this year: culinary arts students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School will be providing over $2,000 worth of incredible desserts in their pop-up dessert cafe.
Have a holiday tie? A Santa hat? An ugly Christmas sweater? Dress the part and score a free raffle ticket to win a flat-screen TV just by showing your festive side.
This holiday evening showcases the very best of Parkland while raising awareness for those in need.
Donate some new adult or children’s shoes at the In Jacob’s Shoes booth, providing gear to local families in need, and get unlimited entries for the drawing- one ticket per pair. Or visit the Anthony Rizzo Family Foundation and help support people living with cancer.
The event will be held on Thursday, December 5, at 7 p.m. at the Zimmerman and Frachtman Building at the NW corner of Hillsboro Blvd. and North State Road 7. Parking will be available at the Riverstone Shoppes, on the west side of 441, and a bus will transport guests to the Shoppes of Parkland, where the party begins. The bus will run from 7:15 p.m. to 10:15 p.m.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She is currently a Senior Account Director at Lon Haber & Co. Fox worked at NBC Miami for eight years after graduating from the University of Miami. She lives in Parkland with her husband, Brian and two children.
- News2020.01.19WOWMoms World: A New One-Stop Shop for Modern Moms
- News2020.01.17Kiddush and Cocktails: New Concept Brings High Attendance to Shabbat Services
- News2020.01.16Parkland Crime Update: Latest Incidents Through January 12
- News2020.01.14Multiple Scholarships Offered to Graduating Parkland Seniors