By Sharon Aron Baron
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes and other incidents that occurred in Parkland through August 10.
7700 block of NW 128th Ave – Heron Bay
On August 5, the victim called the Parkland District Broward Sheriff’s office to file a fraud report.
10400 block of W Miralago Dr – Cascata
On August 6, a vehicle’s mirror struck the entry gate keypad causing minor damage.
6500 block of NW 97th Dr. – Meadow Run
On August 6, a woman advised she received several text messages from an unknown number, with one of the messages being an image of an individual holding a gun. She stated she does not believe the image was sent to threaten her.
8800 block of Parkland Bay Dr – Parkland Bay
On August 5, Lennar Homes reported an unknown subject had removed an item out of a house that’s in the process of being built. This was done without the permission of the owner.
5901 Hillsboro Blvd – BJ’s Wholesale
On August 9, the complainant advised two subjects entered the store where they selected merchandise and immediately exited the store without making payment.
7621 N StateRoad 7 – CVS
On August 9, a white male entered the CVS store and went right to the isle with the electric toothbrushes. He then removed the security devices, placed them into a bag, and walked out of the store with no attempt to pay for the items. The total loss was $287.74.
10000 block of NW 58th Ct – The Landings
On August 7, a woman alleges on she began receiving harassing text messages and an intimidating voicemail from another woman. She was advised to file for an injunction and to call law enforcement if she feels threatened again. BSO contacted the other woman who told them she is in a different state with no intentions on returning to Broward County.
More crime and safety on Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Crime & Safety2020.09.26Parkland Crime Update Through September 21
- Events2020.09.25Celebrating 50 Years of Fire Service with Drive-in Movie Event
- Events2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- News2020.09.21Parkland Mayor Hunschofsky Elected to Florida State House after Challenger Drops Out