By: Matt Rothman
It was a historic night for the Marjory Stoneman Douglas baseball team as they combined for a no-hitter in the Eagles’ 11th win of the season.
Christian Arroyo made the start and pitched six hitless innings striking out 13 before Jake Clemente struck out the side in the seventh to complete the no-hitter against Monsignor Edward Pace High School.
Along with the tremendous pitching, MSD erupted for 11 runs. Grant McDonald and Clemente each hit home runs while Nikko Benestad drove in four runs. Santiago Ordonez continues his excellent season as he drove in RBI’s 11 and 12 while Roman Anthony, Gavin Conticello, and Rolando Lujo all had hits.
This was the team’s sixth straight win, and the third time during this streak, they scored 11 runs in a game. The Eagles defeated Archbishop Mcarthy High School 11-0 before they defeated Cardinal Gibbons 11-10 on March 16.
Up next, MSD will next play in the HSBN Hofball during Spring Break before they play again on Tuesday, March 30 at 4 p.m. against West Broward High School.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.04.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Track and Field Finish 2nd, Girls 4th at Meet
- News2021.04.07Sullivan Scores Hat Trick in Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Lacrosse Win
- News2021.04.03Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins 17th Game This Season
- News2021.04.012 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Lacrosse Players Score 6 Goals in Win