By: Matt Rothman
Rolando Lujo started the seventh inning with a game-tying home run. Later in the inning, Santiago Ordonez worked out a walk to drive in the winning run for the team’s eighth victory.
Jake Clemente made the start on the mound and pitched four innings. He allowed two hits and struck out five. Despite allowing three runs late, Derek Rodriguez was rewarded with the win.
The Eagles used aggressive base running to earn the victory as they stole five bases. Roman Anthony had two as well as three runs scored and one of the team’s eight hits.
“It was an amazing feeling to hit a home run but even better for our team to pull out a win on our senior night,” Lujo said.
Lujo was among ten different Eagles to be honored on the field in Parkland Tuesday night along with Conticello, Mckenna, Von Smeltzer, Tyler Novik, Aiden Williams, Christian Rodriguez, Connor Hagen, Aidan Minott, and Kyle Morse.
Up next, MSD baseball aims for the ninth win when they take on Boca Raton Community High School on Friday, March 11 at 6:30 p.m. Both teams come in with records 0f 8-1.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.04.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Track and Field Finish 2nd, Girls 4th at Meet
- News2021.04.07Sullivan Scores Hat Trick in Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Lacrosse Win
- News2021.04.03Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins 17th Game This Season
- News2021.04.012 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Lacrosse Players Score 6 Goals in Win