By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas boy’s lacrosse continues their excellent season following their 8-5 win over Spanish River High School Friday night.
The Eagles moved to 5-0 and were led by Collin Molligan who scored three goals in the win. Justin Shurpin also had a strong game scoring two goals and assisting on two goals.
Sophomore Jordy Sullivan only scored one goal and picked up an assist. He has been one of the team’s best players all season. In five games, Sullivan already has nine goals blossoming into one of the best players in the county.
“I’m always grinding in practice and giving 110 percent,” Sullivan said. “When we work together, we have the chance to be a really tough team to beat and have shown that this season.”
MSD also received goals from Christian Higgins and Nick Bibiotto. While the five straight wins are impressive, the Eagles won their first nine games back in 2018.
So far this season, the Eagles beat Coral Glades, J.P. Taravella, Coral Springs, American Heritage, and now Spanish River High School.
Up next, MSD will continue their time away from Parkland with a matchup with Martin County from Stuart on Monday, March 2, at 7 p.m. before facing Western High School on Thursday’s March 5, at 7 p.m.
The next time the Eagles will be home will be on March 10 against Cooper City High School at 7 p.m.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.07.26Marjory Stoneman Douglas Aidan Minott Reveals College Decision
- News2021.07.26Stealth 2026 Lacrosse Team Ranks 13th in the Nation
- News2021.07.22Marjory Stoneman Douglas Cameron Harris to Join Former Teammate in College
- News2021.07.18Marjory Stoneman Douglas State Champ Sammy Beir Commits to University