By Jill Fox
Students who are interested in a career in film or Spend the day on TikTok could soon have their big break — one that is on a bit of a local level.
If an effort to educate the community and improve the city’s recycling efforts, The City of Parkland Community Advisory Board is challenging students to create a video encouraging proper recycling habits.
Mayor Christine Hunschofsky wants to improve recycling and limit contamination in the city and said the contest is a fun way to get students involved in educating the community on how to do it properly.
Whether a skit, song, or jingle, the entries will be judged on creativity, educational content, and accuracy.
Prizes will be awarded to winners from each of four categories: elementary school, middle school, high school, and multi-age.
Entries should be 60-seconds or less and focus on the promotion and expansion of proper recycling habits/activities and how to achieve them.
The student producer must do all screenwriting, directing, camera work, and editing, and all students must reside in the City of Parkland or attend a Parkland school, and filming must take place in the City of Parkland.
Videos must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 28. Apply online and complete the entry form here.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- Schools2020.09.28Gina Rose Montalto Memorial Foundation Awards Total of 3 Scholarships
- News2020.09.27Our Interview with the Four Candidates for City Commission District 1
- News2020.09.253 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Create Masks with a Meaning
- News2020.09.25BSO Units Arrest 4 Suspects after Parkland Car Burglary