By: Sharon Aron Baron
On Monday, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School went into Code Yellow after a suspect nearby was apprehended after a road rage incident.
According to Principal Michelle Kefford, they went into Code Yellow status for a few minutes as a result. The police did advise that the suspect was apprehended quickly and was custody, and there was not a direct threat to the school. Still, they must ensure the students were safe when there is a dangerous situation in one of the adjacent Parkland neighborhoods.
“If your child experiences any anxiety or stress over this or any situation, please know that staff at the Wellness Center are available for assistance,” she told parents in a message.
This article has been updated.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.01.18Wife of Arrested Pediatrician: ‘I’m Shocked, Blindsided, and Sickened’
- News2021.01.18Parkland Resident Who Struck Security Guard Threatens Lawsuit: Video Tells the Real Story
- News2021.01.17Parkland Resident Arrested For Striking Community Security Guard
- News2021.01.17Parkland Couple Builds Facebook Community for COVID-19 Vaccine Information