By: Matt Rothman
It may not have been the best regular season for the Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls volleyball, but the Eagles made a terrific run in the Districts.
MSD came into the District Tournament as the number three seed and then defeated Deerfield Beach High School in the quarterfinals before they beat Coral Glades in the semifinals despite losing to them for the first time in school history during the regular season.
With a chance to secure a championship, MSD fell in three straights to West Boca Community Raton High School. Their season ends with a record 5-7 though they will most be remembered for their run in the postseason.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Seals No-Hitter Win in Home-Opener
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Begins Season With Win Under New Coach
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Marks Historic Day with 6 Athletes Signing College Commitments
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Records Opening Night Win; Former State Champs Impress