By: Matt Rothman
Coming off an incredible regular season, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls volleyball team qualified for the Big-8 Tournament, featuring the best teams from Broward County.
The Eagles came in as the fifth seed and had a rematch against Western High School. The two teams met in the final regular season match of the season with the Wildcats winning. While MSD won the opening set 25-14, they came within two points of the victory in the second before falling 26-24. MSD then struggled in the third set, losing 15-6.
Heading into the District Tournament, the Eagles have a record of 13-4. They will await the final rankings before determining who they will play against and where.
“We’re looking to address the small details and have our sights set on winning the District Tournament,” Head Coach Aidan Gidon said.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Face Coral Glades; Girls Basketball Begins Season
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Soccer Records 1st Win With Offensive Explosion
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Parkland Pokers 12U Baseball Team Set to Host Tryouts on Tuesday
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Opens Regular Season With Win