By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls volleyball team continues to win and is off to the best start in a decade.
Head Coach Aidan Gidon, who is in his first year with the Eagles, is pleased with how they have played this year. The Eagles are 9-1 this year and had their only loss against South Plantation High School in their second match in four sets. MSD has swept their opponents in six matches and defeated Deerfield Beach and Monarch School in four sets. They are most recently coming off a 25-18, 25-21, 25-18 win over Pompano Beach High School on Senior Night.
“Our team is playing really good together because we’re a family,” outside hitter Addison Walker said. “We hang out outside of school, and on the weekends, we do bonding activities. Coach Aidan also has very high expectations, so we spend a lot of time conditioning, and we go hard at practice.”
Seniors include Cameron Ulinski, Rebekah Sasser, Katherine Rodrigo, Captain Mariana Mateus, Camilla Mercer, Kennedy Adams, Team Manager Riley Dykstra, and Victoria Diaz.
MSD will head into the final part of their schedule with the postseason coming up next month.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Face Coral Glades; Girls Basketball Begins Season
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Soccer Records 1st Win With Offensive Explosion
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Parkland Pokers 12U Baseball Team Set to Host Tryouts on Tuesday
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Opens Regular Season With Win