By Jill Fox
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School celebrates homecoming week on Monday, with a parade is on Friday, September 17.
Beginning at 4:45 p.m., the eastbound lanes of Holmberg Road from Heron Bay Boulevard (Westglades Middle School roundabout) to Pine Island Road will close (westbound lanes will remain open), and the southbound lanes of Pine Island Road from Holmberg Road to the MSD entrance will close (northbound lanes will remain open).
All roads will re-open no later than 6:00 p.m.
The 2021 Homecoming dance is Saturday, September 18, at the Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa. Open to 800 students, it sold out in a matter of hours, and the second allotment of tickets caused Broward County Public Schools’ e-store to crash.
Participating students must complete an online Homecoming agreement, including a Covid waiver and a permission slip to attend. Masks are required for the entirety of the evening, and anyone who tests positive for Covid-19 or is on quarantine cannot attend Homecoming.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Celebrate Hanukkah with Mah Jongg, Latkes, and Vodka for a Good Cause
- NewsNovember 13, 2023Annual Pink Challah Bake and Mah Jongg Night to Benefit Jewish Women’s Health
- NewsJanuary 21, 2023Early Childhood Center Celebrates 20 Years in Parkland
- NewsJanuary 20, 2023Parkland Wiffle Ball Tournament Raises Money for Pediatric Cancer