By: Sharon Aron Baron
All Marjory Stoneman Douglas Zone families, teachers, and staff are invited to a special event where peer counseling students and Mind-Body Ambassador Club students will host a workshop with the team at The Center for Mind-Body Medicine.
Participants will learn fun and practical mind-body skills, including meditation, movement, imagery, and more. The students will share how these mind-body tools have been helpful to them and why they are excited to spread it to their peers, their families, and their community. If you’re a teacher or staff member in the zone, come find out how you might be able to bring mind-body skills to your school.
The Center for Mind-Body Medicine(CMBM) is a worldwide leader in making self-care, group support, and community-building central to all healthcare, the training of health professionals, and the education of children. CMBM has implemented programs for population-wide trauma healing in the Balkans, the Middle East, Haiti, post-Katrina New Orleans, post-Harvey Houston, post-Maria Puerto Rico, on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation; at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, with New York City firefighters post 9/11, and with war veterans.
It takes place on Wednesday, November 6, from 6-8 pm at Westglades Middle School in Parkland. Click here to register.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.07.19Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment Holds Car Wash Fundraiser
- News2021.07.13North Springs Improvement District Drinking Water Undergoing Routine Chlorination July 15
- News2021.07.12Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31
- News2021.07.03Hazardous Waste Drop-off Held in Parkland on July 10