By: Sharon Aron Baron
It’s that time of year that Parkland residents and South Floridians alike look forward to the beginning of the Farmers’ Market season.
The City of Parkland hosts the largest outdoor farmers’ market in Broward County two Sundays per month from November through April at The Equestrian Center. Not only is there an abundance of organic and conventional fruits and vegetables, bread, pastries, pasta, spices, sauces, and unique gourmet items, but residents can also enjoy delicious things right on the premises.
“The Center is transformed into a market that not only hosts more than 100 vendors but also shortens the distance between the farm and your kitchen table,” said Todd DeAngelis, city spokesperson, who added that local produce, hard-to-find items, and unique gifts can easily be found on every market date. There are also specialty market dates such as craft fairs, health and wellness days, public safety showcases, an environmental expo —and even a pet expo.
But above all, the food and the one-stop shopping in the backyard of all Parklanders is the best part of the Farmers’ Market. Residents seem to enjoy the sense of community more than anything.
“You always see a neighbor, a friend, someone you know at the Parkland Farmers’ Market,” said DeAngelis. “This event more than any other serves to underscore that sense of community that makes Parkland a great place to live.”
The Farmers’ Market takes place on the following Sundays from 9 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
November 3, 2019
November 17, 2019
December 1, 2019
December 15, 2019
Health & Wellness
January 5, 2020
January 19, 2020
February 2, 2020
February 16, 2020
March 8, 2020
Health & Wellness
March 22, 2020
April 5, 2020
April 19, 2020
The Equestrian Center at Temple Park, located at 8350 Ranch Road in Parkland.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Events2020.10.27The Parkland Farmers’ Market Features 69 Vendors this Sunday
- News2020.10.26Broward Sheriff’s Office Conducting DUI Operations Halloween Weekend
- Crime & Safety2020.10.23Assault, Battery, and Criminal Mischief This Week in Parkland Crime
- News2020.10.22Early Voting Report for October 21 for Pine Trails Park