By Jill Fox
Beginning February 3, 2020, trash, recycling, and bulk trash pick-up schedules will be changing in many Parkland communities.
Affected residents may see a notice on their doors advising of adjustments in Waste Management’s pick-up days and routes.
The following communities will have changes in their scheduled collection days.
Cascata and MiraLago, including TownParc, will now be picked up on Mondays and Thursdays, with recycling on Thursdays.
Cypress Head, Grand Cypress, and In the Pines will be picked up on Tuesdays and Fridays, with recycling on Fridays.
Parkland Golf & Country Club (Northside) and Parkland Estates will be picked up on Mondays and Thursdays, with recycling on Mondays.
Parkland Reserve will be picked up on Mondays and Thursdays, with recycling on Thursdays.
The Ranches will be picked up on Tuesdays and Fridays, with recycling on Fridays.
Collection days for the communities that are not listed will remain the same.
In Parkland, garbage pick-up occurs twice a week on designated collection days, and garbage may be placed curbside no more than 12 hours prior to the scheduled collection. All trash must be in a covered container (not to exceed 32 gallons in size) or an appropriate tied garbage bag.
Hazardous waste, including construction materials, paint, automobile parts, electronics, and household cleaners, will be collected at designated events. The next one will take place on Saturday, February 1, in Coral Springs. Bulk trash dates for 2020 can be seen here.
For additional information visit cityofparkland.org/TrashTalk or call Waste Management at 954-974-7500 with questions or concerns regarding garbage collection.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She is currently a Senior Account Director at Lon Haber & Co. Fox worked at NBC Miami for eight years after graduating from the University of Miami. She lives in Parkland with her husband, Brian and two children.
- News2020.01.19WOWMoms World: A New One-Stop Shop for Modern Moms
- News2020.01.17Kiddush and Cocktails: New Concept Brings High Attendance to Shabbat Services
- News2020.01.16Parkland Crime Update: Latest Incidents Through January 12
- News2020.01.14Multiple Scholarships Offered to Graduating Parkland Seniors