By Jill Fox
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Parkland through January 4.
Hillsboro Blvd West/Parkland Bay Drive
On January 3, deputies responded to Hillsboro Blvd and Parkland Bay Drive in reference to a battery. The male victim advised he was bumped by a motorbike while walking on the sidewalk. The driver of the motorbike began arguing with him. As the argument ensued, the unknown male pushed his face. He did not have any visible injuries and denied fire rescue.
6800 block of NW 116 Ave – Heron Bay
On January 4, a Dodge was stolen, and a Lexus burglarized at a residence. At the time, both vehicles were unlocked. Several residents in the area also had vehicles burglarized during the night- one was stolen, and four vehicles were burglarized.
7000 block of NW 78 Place
On January 2, the caller stated that there was an unknown female in his home casing his property. The female with red hair was attempting to enter locked doors on the second story of his home. Prior to the arrival of law enforcement, the suspect exited the residence and entered a parking lot just north of the house.
10000 block of Edgewater Court – MiraLago
On January 5, the victim reported that an unknown person(s) forcefully entered her residence on January 4 while she and her husband were away on vacation. Entry was made by breaking a rear glass patio door to the master bedroom. The victim advised the only known property removed at the time was their U.S. Passports, her Chase Bank checkbooks, the birth certificates of her two minor children, and approximately $100.
7800 block of NW 62 Way – Mayfair
On December 31, the victim reported his vehicle had been scratched between 12/13 and 12/15.
6400 block of NW 99 Drive – Meadow Run
On January 6, the victim stated that approximately three or four juveniles spray-painted his driveway between January 2-6. The damage was estimated at $50.
7600 block of Marblehead Court – Cypresshead
On January 2, a resident found a small deceased dog in her pool. The dog had no chip or signs of trauma. It was buried in the woods nearby.
6600 block of NW 99 Ave – Meadow Run
On January 1, deputies took a delayed report of a lost black colored iPhone X with a transparent Otterbox case. The reporting person wished to not speculate at the time if a visiting friend had taken it until he was able to access his phone’s online account to track it. Contact was made with the visiting friend who said she had already tried helping him locate it earlier and did not know where it was.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.09.27Our Interview with the Four Candidates for City Commission District 1
- News2020.09.253 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Create Masks with a Meaning
- News2020.09.25BSO Units Arrest 4 Suspects after Parkland Car Burglary
- News2020.09.25Parkland Farmers’ Market Returns November 1 with ‘Drive Thru’ Format