By Jill Fox
Despite meeting online instead of in-person for their virtual 10th-anniversary celebration, the Greater Broward Chapter of The Pap Corps raised close to $30,000 for cancer research.
The event proved to be a great success with a DJ, shopping, trivia fun, and grand raffle prizes worth thousands of dollars.
A special delivered swag bag complete with an adorable poem contained surprises for the fun-filled night, like ingredients for a “pap”tini for the tenth anniversary toast.
Parkland Mayor Christine Hunschofsky said the virtual event was incredibly fun and engaging.
“They organize such wonderful events throughout the year that help connect members of the community,” she said, “I am so proud of all the work they have done to help support cancer research.”
All funds raised at the event benefit the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.
“This year, most of our fundraising efforts have been cancelled due to COVID, and we are trying our best to be creative in the way we raise money,” said Allison Tromer, President.
Named in honor of Dr. George Papanicolaou, a pioneer in early cancer detection, The Pap Corps Champions for Cancer Research is South Florida’s largest grassroots fundraising organization.
With 22,000 members strong, The Pap Corps has donated over $110 million to Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, including a historic 10-year, $50 million pledge to cancer research.
To support visit The Pap Corps, visit greaterbroward.org.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.08.04City Selects Lt. Craig Calavetta As New BSO Parkland District Chief
- News2021.08.04Parkland Residents Host First Local Wine And Food Festival
- News2021.08.04Parkland Mah Jongg Players Meet For 2 Summer Gatherings
- News2021.08.03Parkland Principals, Interim Superintendent Address Parents on August 9