By Jill Fox
The Greater Broward Chapter of the Pap Corps is celebrating their tenth anniversary virtually with a night full of fun.
The Celebrate, Sip & Shop event, which was originally scheduled to be live in May will now take place on Thursday, September 10, at 7 p.m.
“We felt it was very important to keep raising money for cancer research, so we totally switched gears and we’re having a virtual event,” said Susie Holroyd, Vice President of Fundraising and Programming.
The Pap Corps, Champions for Cancer Research, is one of the largest grassroots fundraising organizations in South Florida with more than 50 chapters and 21,000 members, all dedicated to supporting research for all types of cancer at the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Miami.
The fun night includes activities, games, shopping through vendors’ websites, and even some surprises. Plus grand raffle prizes valued up to $1,000.
“We are very fortunate that we were offered a $10,000 match for that evening from the Levitetz Family Foundation, said Holroyd, “So we are excited to raise a lot of money that night.”
Tickets for the event are $50 per person and must be purchased here by Friday, September 4.
For more information, call Susie Holroyd at 954-632-6393.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- Politics2020.09.24Parkland Commission Votes to Lower Millage Rate For 2021
- News2020.09.24Parkland Teen is Finalist in Nation’s Premier STEM Competition
- News2020.09.24Mayor Votes No on Budget After $1 Million For Pine Tree Estates Is Removed
- News2020.09.22Parkland Cares Awards $125,000 in Grants to Local Mental Health Organizations