Over Thanksgiving weekend, Parkland Buddy Sports is asking the community to join them for their first-ever virtual 5k/1m run/walk challenge, designed not only as a fundraiser but also as an activity to get everyone, even pets, up and moving.
Since 2002, the nationally recognized nonprofit organization has sports programs and events for children with special needs, starting at age 4, and volunteering opportunities for students living in South Florida.
This year, they have been hard at work creating virtual activities to keep the players and volunteers connected and engaged.
In the virtual fundraiser, participants can run or walk anywhere from Thursday, November 26, from 7 a.m. to Sunday, November 29, at 7 p.m.
Vice Mayor Bob Mayersohn, who has been involved with the organization since its inception, said the event was an excellent opportunity for their entire Parkland Buddy Sports Community and supporters to get involved in an activity that is fun, builds camaraderie, and allows participation while adhering to CDC guidelines.”
Share photos and videos from your race on Facebook and Instagram using the hashtag #pbvtt2020 and tag @parklandbuddysports.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Celebrate Hanukkah with Mah Jongg, Latkes, and Vodka for a Good Cause
- NewsNovember 13, 2023Annual Pink Challah Bake and Mah Jongg Night to Benefit Jewish Women’s Health
- NewsJanuary 21, 2023Early Childhood Center Celebrates 20 Years in Parkland
- NewsJanuary 20, 2023Parkland Wiffle Ball Tournament Raises Money for Pediatric Cancer