Over Thanksgiving weekend, Parkland Buddy Sports is asking the community to join them for their first-ever virtual 5k/1m run/walk challenge, designed not only as a fundraiser but also as an activity to get everyone, even pets, up and moving.
Since 2002, the nationally recognized nonprofit organization has sports programs and events for children with special needs, starting at age 4, and volunteering opportunities for students living in South Florida.
This year, they have been hard at work creating virtual activities to keep the players and volunteers connected and engaged.
In the virtual fundraiser, participants can run or walk anywhere from Thursday, November 26, from 7 a.m. to Sunday, November 29, at 7 p.m.
Vice Mayor Bob Mayersohn, who has been involved with the organization since its inception, said the event was an excellent opportunity for their entire Parkland Buddy Sports Community and supporters to get involved in an activity that is fun, builds camaraderie, and allows participation while adhering to CDC guidelines.”
Share photos and videos from your race on Facebook and Instagram using the hashtag #pbvtt2020 and tag @parklandbuddysports.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.14Parkland Resident Donates $20,000 To Chabad Playground Honoring Alyssa Alhadeff
- News2021.01.12Student-Led Organization ‘People of Change’ Promotes Racial Equality
- News2021.01.12Congregation Kol Tikvah Holds Virtual Comedy Night with Amazing Vacation Auctions Jan 30
- News2021.01.11State Rep Christine Hunschofsky Launches High School Internship Program