In the first-ever Carnival Spectacular, over 600 residents attended a special Memorial Day weekend celebration in the Heron Bay community of Parkland.
Held on Sunday inside of the 3,100-home community, rides and arcades were provided by Miami based, All-Star Events. Tickets for the rides came in a pay-one-price which included unlimited popcorn, snow cones, cotton candy, and face painting.
With such a large turnout, KW Property Management arranged for two round-trip trolleys from the Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, and the Commons Clubhouse on the south end of the community to the Carnival held outside of the Plaza Del Lago Clubhouse.
“It’s great that people are learning about the advantages of living in Heron Bay,” said Neil Vogel, Heron Bay HOA President. “It’s just another example of the board committed to the homeowners to make the Heron-Bay family feel special.”
Besides the rides, there were snow cones, cotton candy, face painting, popcorn, and a taco food truck along with a mobile adult beverage vendor from Bonner’s Mobile Liquor Bar.
On Memorial Day, for just residents, a pool party will be held which will include a food vendor, desert truck and a mobile bar. Live music will be from DJ Quike.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor's degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2021.01.14Marjory Stoneman Douglas Defensive End Nick Dobbs Commits to College
- News2021.01.08Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Basketball Begin 2021 Season Under Coach Carter
- News2021.01.06Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Start 2021 with Back to Back Wins
- News2021.01.06Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Start Season 2-0