By Ryan Yousefi
With COVID-19 cases spiking all around the state, Parkland Talk has resumed providing updates on data from the Florida Department of Health.
Unfortunately, fall has brought with it some bad news; COVID-19 cases are setting record highs all around the country. The data in Broward County is trending upward towards the numbers Floridians grew accustomed to seeing during the first wave of infections.
According to the Florida Department of Health, as of November 19, there have been 797 positive COVID-19 cases in Parkland. That’s an increase of 19 positive cases since we last updated readers on the data on Wednesday, November 18.
Statewide in Florida, there have been 923,418 positive COVID-19 cases to date.
There were 128,930 COVID-19 tests conducted in Florida on November 19, with 11,571 coming back positive. Over the last two weeks, positive test rates have remained steady, ranging from 9.81-percent on November 6 to 8.97-percent on November 19. On November 13 the rate was 11.37-percent, the highest Florida has seen since the new wave of infections began.
The average age of a resident to contract COVID-19 in Broward County on November 19 was 40-years-old.
Since the pandemic began, there have been 17,889 deaths to date in Florida due to COVID-19, with 53,091 patients hospitalized due to the virus.
Below are cases sorted by Broward County cities:
Fort Lauderdale 20,429
Pompano Beach 10,166
Coral Springs, 4,637
Deerfield Beach 2,731
Coconut Creek 2,011
North Lauderdale 1,691
Oakland Park 1,428
Pembroke Pines 1,409
Cooper City 894
Lauderdale Lakes 448
Wilton Manors 429
Southwest Ranches 321
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- News2021.01.04Parkland COVID-19 Update: Florida Positivity Rates Continue To Soar
- News2020.12.28Parkland COVID-19 Update: Positive Test Rates Skyrocket
- News2020.12.23Parkland COVID-19 Update: Cases Across Broward Continue To Spike
- News2020.12.21Parkland COVID-19 Update: Weekend Confirmed Cases Continue Alarming Trend