By Sharon Aron Baron
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes and other Parkland incidents through September 14.
12200 block of NW 68th Ct – Heron Bay
On September 8, a victim was contacted by the Coral Springs Police and advised that his unreported stolen VW Tiguan (Vehicle one) was involved in an accident in Coral Springs. It was also reported that his unlocked Landrover (vehicle two) was burglarized overnight while parked in the driveway at the above address. A car seat valued at $600 and three house keys were taken from the stolen VW.
8800 block of Edgewater Pl – MiraLago
On September 12, BSO met with a female who advised her and her boyfriend got into a verbal disagreement due to the fact she believes he is cheating on her. She also believes he is bringing other females to her residence. The boyfriend willingly left the residence and advised he will be temporarily staying at the Marriott.
7100 block of NW 83rd Ter – The Ranches
On September 8, a call by two different phone numbers made contact with an older resident and told him they were from the Social Security Administration Office. They said there was an issue with his social security check and they needed his social security number, date of birth, and address to confirm the check. He provided the information. The son reported the incident.
8600 block of Prospect Ln – Cascata at MiraLago
On August 15 and reported September 9, The reporting person is receiving harassing text messages from an unknown person. He alleges that a former employee is sending them.
7100 block of Nw 68th Dr. – Ternbridge
On September 10, a neighbor placed a Trump balloon on the reporting person’s mailbox. The reporting person requested a documented report. No police action.
9200 Ranch Rd.
On September 10, a man and his dog found a deceased alligator in the wooded area behind Liberty Park. The alligator appeared to be intact and was beginning to decompose. FWC was notified and advised they would not respond. Due to the remote location, the alligator was left for other wildlife to consume.
More crime and safety on Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.10.19Orange Ribbons for Jaime Holds 2nd Annual Nationwide ‘Dance-A-Thon’ Fundraiser
- News2021.10.03Not My Daughter…Find a Cure Now! Holds 2nd Annual Telethon
- News2021.09.28Orange Ribbons for Jaime Launches 2nd Annual Nationwide ‘Dance-A-Thon’ Fundraiser
- News2021.09.27Heron Bay Board Holds Town Forum on Golf Course Development